Re: [art_education] "non-messy" art projects

  • Cheryl Hancock
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2010
      Jenna,
      How about trying chalk painting/drawings on pavements outside. Students draw- photographs their work and then wash off with water. Try texture rubbing on all kinds of surfaces using crayons on strong ( litho paper) smooth side. Then use water colour/food colouring to apply a wash over the crayon rubbings. This can then be cut up and used for making Eric Carle collages. String sculptures /installations - wrap balls of coloured wool and string around plants trees etc.
      Hope you have lots of fun. Nature installations using leaves sticks- flowers- again photograph and print out .
      Cheryl H
      Perth Australia

      On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Jenna <jennarations@...> wrote:

      Hi all,
      This summer, I am working with preschoolers in a fun setting - a friend
      of mine is playing old time favorite tunes on his guitar (other players
      and instruments come from time to time), and the kids are going back and
      forth between groovin' and making art outside and inside - my only
      challenge is that I need to have projects that don't make too much of a
      'mess' - the nursery that the kids are wandering in and out of is off
      limits to any paint, playdoh, or other art materials that might disturb
      the pristine painting job & clean carpet in the nursery.
      Do you have any ideas for projects that use materials that would be
      non-messy and also go with the music theme?
      Thanks so much,
      Jenna
      Alameda, CA

      --