Re: [art_education] Good Morning

  • Cheryl Hancock
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21 6:52 AM
      Congratulations!!! It can be daunting - starting out - which is what I did 20 years ago teaching 5-13 yr olds after training to teach high school art. , It has been the most amazing journey but none greater than using the internet to search for fantastic art lessons There are many great web blogs out there and other resources such as Scholastic Art available. Recently I discovered Live Binders- online files of art etc.The other most useful website is The Incredible Art Department .
      Cheryl H
      Perth Australia

      On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:30 PM, juanetta_bocko <juanettabocko.post@...> wrote:

      I am a 3rd year high school art teacher in the small town of Post, Texas. I am a music ed. teacher without a music program so they gave me the art program without knowing if I could even draw. There are sometimes that I think they were expecting me to be just a warm body, but they have been pleasantly surprised by what I have been able to accomplish. This past April I took one of my students to the State VASE competition in Houston. I stumbled onto this web site and love the lesson plans and art projects that I have found so far.

      --
      Cheryl Hancock
      Cooper, Dior and Charisma