Re: [art_education] architecture projects?Hundertwasser=

  • Cheryl Hancock
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2010
      The two books I mentioned re Hunderwasser were written for children and are designed perfectly for teaching. Mind you it took me some time to find them. I use Abe Books to do many of my purchases as they source books from all around the world - It depends which country they come from but I find books out the UK arrive frequently within a week-unlike others which may take several weeks to arrive- putting all my careful planning for resources in the art room out .

       Here on the other side of the world.
      Cheryl Hancock
      Perth Australia

      On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM, BARBARA YALOF <draw.art@...> wrote:

      Watch Hundertwasser's books if you show them his works in books---
      he liked to lecture in the nude and had others surrounding him also without clothing. He was very interested in clothing as a second skin. I am not kidding. I found out the hard way! I had the presence of mind to slam the book shut quickly and later went back and found several pages showing his lectures without clothing. he most certainly was an amazing artist. Incidentally he is cited with re-vitalizing the idea of having trees and grass grow on the roofs of apartment buildings in New York city as an eco-friendly system. If you are studying eco systems and artists, Hundertwasser is one artist you should show. Only watch those books!
      Barbara Y.

      --
      Cheryl Hancock
      Cooper, Dior and Charisma