Off Topic - Yes I am "Your Friend" (online sites)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2010
      Greetings Art Educators,

      This is just one more reminder to all of you.....

      Please do NOT send invites to your online sites to everyone in your
      address books. Most of those sites save email addresses that are
      submitted to them.

      Yes, I am "Your Friend" - We all are - but it is best to send a
      personal invitation through your own email address not through the
      online site.

      Personally, I do not do Facebook, MySpace or any other social
      networking sites. I spend enough time online as it is just answering
      list mail (mostly off list now).

      I NEVER give out my personal Road Runner address to any online site -
      but many of you have (as I have replied to your post using that
      account because it is easier for me - and you give it to online sites
      without my permission). I now check my Road Runner address online from
      time to time to see what "Junk" is in the folder now. Fortunately,
      Road Runner does a pretty good job filtering out the Spam - but some
      of it still comes thorough.

      Why am I reminding you of this again? I just logged into my old Gmail
      account and deleted several "Friend" requests. Many of them from list
      members I barely know.

      Please do not think me rude (or any list member rude) when I do not
      reply to those requests. I am sure your Facebook or MySpace pages are
      wonderful. I am merely saving myself some time.

      Think before you blindly invite all who have had contact with you.
      Your consideration will be appreciated.

      As always, Please remove my email address from your post if you make a
      list reply.