Mold in my Gesso

  • Joe Cox
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2010
      Hello everyone I have been going through some old art supplies and found half full gallon bucket of Utrecht gesso when I opened it up it had mold growing inside.  Is it still usable or do I need to throw it out?

      Blessings,
      Joe

    • Kathleen Maledon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2010
        call the help line pro at Blick
        On Jun 4, 2010, at 2:31 PM, Joe Cox wrote:

        Hello everyone I have been going through some old art supplies and found half full gallon bucket of Utrecht gesso when I opened it up it had mold growing inside.  Is it still usable or do I need to throw it out?

        Blessings,
        Joe

      • The Bunn Family
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2010
          Hi Joe,
          Isn't it like cheese, you just scrape off the moldy part?
          Blessings back at you,
          Tina

          Hello everyone I have been going through some old art supplies and found half full gallon bucket of Utrecht gesso when I opened it up it had mold growing inside.  Is it still usable or do I need to throw it out?

          Blessings,
          Joe

        • Wanda
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2010
            Rule 1: if it stinks toss it

            Rule 2: if it doesn't spoon out mold and stir like crazy
            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, The Bunn Family <scottbunn@...>