  • czoulek@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010
      I think it's your call - you (and hopefully her teacher) know if she is mature enough to handle the situation - Could you sign up and do the class together?

    • bruthrobson@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010
        She was pretty mortified at that request (me taking it too).  Guess it would be doubly weird to look at naked people with your mom, lol!
        Brenda

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010

          Maybe you can arrange for her to do some practice with swimsuit covered people - that might be as effective as nude for her age. Susan

          She was pretty mortified at that request (me taking it too).  Guess it would be doubly weird to look at naked people with your mom, lol!
          Brenda

        • bindy
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
            On this note- what's cheaper than paying for college classes?- drawing live "models" everywhere you go! I never minded being at the park for hours when my kids were wee ones because I always brought my drawing book. I drew them, the other parents standing around. It was a great exercise, and completely free. With beach season coming up, take her to the beach- drawing pad and pencils in hand!
            (quite frankly, no teacher can tell you anything more than drawing experience, over and over, can bring. A teacher can sometimes speed the process up, but all the revelations in what you did wrong have to be yours or they don't stick and you make the same mistake again. In drawing, exercise is the best medicine- whether its free or you pay for it.)
            Regards,
            Brandy