Re: [art_education] Re: Fred Rogers archival interviews

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 2010
      What a great story, Ken! You were lucky that day!!

      I had already graduated from high school when Fred Rogers' show launched,
      but I watched it whenever I could during my college years. I just loved how
      he talked to kids, and because I was headed to teaching elementary
      school, it seemed like a good way to rest up between classes... watching a
      television show that honored children.

      Here's a bit of trivia, for those who are wondering...

      Fred McFeely Rogers (March 20, 1928 – February 27, 2003) was
      television host. Rogers was the host of the television show
      Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, in production from 1968 to 2001.

      MaryAnn

      On May 26, 2010, at 2:26 PM, Ken wrote:

      I literally ran into this man when I lived in Pittsburgh. I was walking on the sidewalk downtown and when I rounded the corner, I walked into him. I said excuse me and then I noticed who he was. His style of TV is gone for good I'm afraid. His programs were too clean and wholesome for today's entertainment industry.

      Ken