Re: Fred Rogers archival interviews

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 2010
      I literally ran into this man when I lived in Pittsburgh. I was walking on the sidewalk downtown and when I rounded the corner, I walked into him. I said excuse me and then I noticed who he was. His style of TV is gone for good I'm afraid. His programs were too clean and wholesome for today's entertainment industry.

      Ken

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Vivi KL <vivi.kl69@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for sharing MaryAnn.
      > Fred Rogers (as Mr. Rogers on TV) was my daughter's favourite show in the
      > 90s. I watched his show with my daughter. His show is full of good advice
      > for young kids; therefore I prefer this one than other kids' shows. I think
      > he passed away already (Correct me if I'm wrong).
    • MARYANN KOHL
      Message 2 of 5 , May 26, 2010
        What a great story, Ken! You were lucky that day!!

        I had already graduated from high school when Fred Rogers' show launched,
        but I watched it whenever I could during my college years. I just loved how
        he talked to kids, and because I was headed to teaching elementary
        school, it seemed like a good way to rest up between classes... watching a
        television show that honored children.

        Here's a bit of trivia, for those who are wondering...

        Fred McFeely Rogers (March 20, 1928 – February 27, 2003) was
        television host. Rogers was the host of the television show
        Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, in production from 1968 to 2001.

        MaryAnn