Re: [art_education] RE; stools vs chairs

  • Monica Gabehart
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2010
      Re: [art_education] RE; stools vs chairs I had my junior high paint my stools one year, they had to submit a design and get approved.  Anyway this was back when the
      Bulls were winning and Michael Jordan was really big and it got to be a problem because everyone wanted to sit on the Bulls stool.  Pretty soon they were more concerned with which stool they were sitting on than getting in and seated so that we could get started that I had to sand off all the paintings.

      On 5/22/10 1:43 PM, "K Olson" <katholson@...> wrote:

      I chose stools years ago when I was setting up my classroom.  I do like them better than chairs because they take up less space and can be pushed completely under the tables.  Right now I see 4-8th grade and kids will fall off of them once in a while.  It is usually when they curl their feet inside and around the legs of the stools, lose their balance and fall backwards.  No one's been hurt except for a little embarrassment.  We've painted the seats and kids love to pick out their favorite stool.  Some of the support rings have broken off, but I've found someone who will weld them back on.  When younger classes have come to my room, they usually do alright on the stools or they'll stand up.
      Kathy in Cali