Finger Paint Paper

  • christinereg
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2010
      I don't have a lot of experience with finger paint paper. How do you recommend drying the finished work? It seems to be too thin and heavy for the drying racks, so I am trying to solve the "droopiness" by putting construction paper underneath. Any suggestions? Thanks!
      Christine
    • David Exner
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2010
        Hello Christine,

        Yes, the paper gets very heavy and droopy; I use masonite panels underneath the paintings.  They are much easier to slide onto and off the drying rack.  Good luck.

        Peace,
        David Exner

        We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. Winston Churchill

        David G. Exner
        Art Teacher & Art Club Co-Adviser
        Community High School,District 94
        WestChicago
        (630)876-6407

        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2010
          I let them dry on the floor or a counter or table overnight on newspaper. Sometimes they stick to the paper...generally not a problem. i like the masonite panel idea much better!
          ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
          MaryAnn F. Kohl
              www.brightring.com
              maryann@...

          Bright Ring Publishing, Inc.
          PO Box 31338
          Bellingham, WA  98228
              360.592.9201 office
              360.739.4010 mobile

          Message 4 of 5 , May 6, 2010
            I get all of the old file folders from all of the other teachers at the end of the year. I have the kids put their paintings on those to transport them to the drying rack. The legal sized ones open up pretty big. -Mikel

          • christinereg
            Message 5 of 5 , May 7, 2010
              Thank you for the ideas! You are all so creative.
              Christine