Re: chihuly project [1 Attachment]

  • Chezza
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2010
      I did locate two activities in Arts and Activities may 2010 and May 2007. I would love to get a copy of the 2007 lesson plan but would someone to scan and email it to me- they dont post to Australia.
      Cheers Cheryl H
      Perth Australia

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, maureen m <msonday0419@...> wrote:

      > I've never seen the magazine lesson. I just happened to be at the store Anthrapologie and noticed their window display and decided to try it with my kids.

    • Robyn Helsel
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2010
        this is so cool looking!!
      • Robyn Helsel
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2010

          this is so cool looking!!
        • Ken
          Message 4 of 8 , May 6, 2010
            There is a marvelous exhibit of Chihuly's work at the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids, Michigan. His work decorates the ceiling of their cafeteria and I think they still have a traveling exhibit by him. See more information at the following page on IAD:

            http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/issues/12-31-09.html

            Ken

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Jan Vallar-Gillette <jlvallar@...> wrote:

            > My class had done that project before the magazine came out. It is hanging in the main hall and is so cool. We even had a glass blower come to demonstrate. We had no problems with odor. Of course, the ceiling fans were on and windows were open. I had them use sharpie markers to color the outside. I have attached a small photo taken from below the larger project. The kids loved this project and learned so much.
            > Jan

          • azalea64es
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 12, 2011
              just beautiful!