Re: [art_education] chihuly project [1 Attachment]

  • maureen m
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2010
      I've never seen the magazine lesson. I just happened to be at the store Anthrapologie and noticed their window display and decided to try it with my kids.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2010
        I did locate two activities in Arts and Activities may 2010 and May 2007. I would love to get a copy of the 2007 lesson plan but would someone to scan and email it to me- they dont post to Australia.
        Cheers Cheryl H
        Perth Australia

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, maureen m <msonday0419@...> wrote:

        > I've never seen the magazine lesson. I just happened to be at the store Anthrapologie and noticed their window display and decided to try it with my kids.

      • Robyn Helsel
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2010
          this is so cool looking!!
        • Robyn Helsel
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2010

            this is so cool looking!!
          • Ken
            Message 5 of 8 , May 6, 2010
              There is a marvelous exhibit of Chihuly's work at the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids, Michigan. His work decorates the ceiling of their cafeteria and I think they still have a traveling exhibit by him. See more information at the following page on IAD:

              http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/issues/12-31-09.html

              Ken

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Jan Vallar-Gillette <jlvallar@...> wrote:

              > My class had done that project before the magazine came out. It is hanging in the main hall and is so cool. We even had a glass blower come to demonstrate. We had no problems with odor. Of course, the ceiling fans were on and windows were open. I had them use sharpie markers to color the outside. I have attached a small photo taken from below the larger project. The kids loved this project and learned so much.
              > Jan

            • azalea64es
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 12, 2011
                just beautiful!