Re: chihuly project

  • Chezza
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2010
      Jan could you tell me which magazine??

      Cheers Cheryl H
      Perth Australia

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Jan Vallar-Gillette <jlvallar@...> wrote:

      > My class had done that project before the magazine came out. It is hanging in the main hall and is so cool. We even had a glass blower come to demonstrate. We had no problems with odor. Of course, the ceiling fans were on and windows were open. I had them use sharpie markers to color the outside. I have attached a small photo taken from below the larger project. The kids loved this project and learned so much.
      > Jan

    • maureen m
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2010
        I've never seen the magazine lesson. I just happened to be at the store Anthrapologie and noticed their window display and decided to try it with my kids.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2010
          I did locate two activities in Arts and Activities may 2010 and May 2007. I would love to get a copy of the 2007 lesson plan but would someone to scan and email it to me- they dont post to Australia.
          Cheers Cheryl H
          Perth Australia

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, maureen m <msonday0419@...> wrote:

          > I've never seen the magazine lesson. I just happened to be at the store Anthrapologie and noticed their window display and decided to try it with my kids.

        • Robyn Helsel
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2010
            this is so cool looking!!
          • Robyn Helsel
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2010

              this is so cool looking!!
            • Ken
              Message 6 of 8 , May 6, 2010
                There is a marvelous exhibit of Chihuly's work at the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids, Michigan. His work decorates the ceiling of their cafeteria and I think they still have a traveling exhibit by him. See more information at the following page on IAD:

                http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/issues/12-31-09.html

                Ken

                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Jan Vallar-Gillette <jlvallar@...> wrote:

                > My class had done that project before the magazine came out. It is hanging in the main hall and is so cool. We even had a glass blower come to demonstrate. We had no problems with odor. Of course, the ceiling fans were on and windows were open. I had them use sharpie markers to color the outside. I have attached a small photo taken from below the larger project. The kids loved this project and learned so much.
                > Jan

              • azalea64es
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 12, 2011
                  just beautiful!