Re: Smart Boards in the Art Room

  • artsypffartsy
    Message 1 of 13 , May 4, 2010
      I have used the smartboard at the same time my 5th graders were making geometric mandalas, on paper, using compass, see through rulers, and protractors to draw their radial designs. As they were doing their own mandalas on paper, students took turns coming to the interactive board to use ActiveStudio software's compass, straight line tool,and various other tools to construct a class mandala. Everyone added something to the class mandala using the board's software. Well, I have to admit, though it was fun to do that, the ones on paper were my favorite. But it was neat to see the group mandala taking shape as they constructed their own mandalas.