- *9th Annual BuildaBridge Institute** **Transforming Lives Through The Creative Arts * June 2 – 6: Open Institute June 7: Arts Relief June 2 – 10: MA inMessage 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2010View Source
9th Annual BuildaBridge Institute
Transforming Lives Through The Creative Arts
June 2 – 6: Open Institute
June 7: Arts Relief
June 2 – 10: MA in Urban Studies Residency
Bryn Mawr College - Bryn Mawr, PA
(Deadline: May 25)
BuildaBridge Institute is a training and applied research academy designed to prepare practitioners to integrate the arts effectively in education, and community and human development. Now in its ninth edition the Institute is an intensive 5 day experience that provides opportunities for professional growth through learning about arts-based tools for healing and empowerment, as well as efficient ways to implement them to better serve those in need.
Who should attend: artists, teachers, social service professionals, youth workers, community and congregational leaders, non profit personnel.
The Institute offers
- Two simultaneous track courses from June 2-6 that includes foundational theory, arts education, community arts management, applied arts intervention methods and art skills. Check our website to see schedule and courses.
- New this year: Arts Relief one-day training course on June 7 featuring psychological first aid and arts relief.
- An accredited Certificate for Arts in Transformation.
BuildaBridge Institute is Eastern University's instructional partner in offering the MA in Urban Studies Arts in Transformation Concentration. Students attend the MA in Urban Studies Residency (June 2 - 10) as part of their curriculum work.
Class size is limited. Reserve your spot in advance.
- Registration for Track 1 or Track 2 is $550. An additional $255 covers 4 nights of room and board at Bryn Mawr College. Institute commuters can pay $120 for all meals.
- A single day rate of $175 includes registration and 2 meals.
- Registration for the one day Arts Relief training course is $99, with room and board at $57 or commuter meals at $25 for June 7.
If you would like to register, download the appropriate forms from our website and email them to institute@..., or call 215-842-0428 ext. 11 and ask for details.
Online registration is also available.
Watch BuildaBridge Institute promotional video:
205 West Tulpehocken Street
Philadelphia, PA 19144
215 842 0428 x 11