Re: [art_education] conference

  • Kathleen Maledon
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2010
      I believe you just sign up with your presentation outline....you pay all expenses....request any av materials.
      It's the nat art educa NAE out of reston, va.  see you there!
      On Apr 21, 2010, at 10:18 PM, MARYANN KOHL wrote:

      I will have to find out how to become a presenter -- I love talking about the great masters and children, as well as how art can improve literacy in young children. And thank you for showing one of my books! Must have been "Great American Artists for Kids" -- I think that's the one where your student has the foil sculptures, right? I'll find out more and when I do, I'll share with the group. However, if someone knows all the ins and outs of becoming a presenter, I'd love to hear more.

      MaryAnn

      On Apr 21, 2010, at 6:22 PM, jeryl HOLLINGSWORTH wrote:

      You should present in Seattle , MaryAnn. I was at a booth looking at books and I showed someone one of your books (of course I had to show her my student's work :) - and told her what a great book it was) The conference was great - I came home brimming with new ideas and full of lots of great conversations with ART teachers- also exhausted from late nights with those crazy Tn gals I roomed with. ( I enjoyed every minute !) I'm dragging this week trying to jump on the fast train heading to the end of the year. I attended some really great sessions and a few not so great. It is always disappointing when a session is misrepresented in the conference book. But I have a philosophy that if I get just a spark of an idea or have a conversation with another person in the room it is worth it. Coming from a very small district without much staff development, it is like being an all you can eat buffet to spend 5 days at the NAEA conference. Also fun to put names
      with faces-- funny when someone looks at your tag and then you shout and hug like you are old friends but have never actually had face time!!
      Jeryl IN SC