Re: [art_education] Re: Students with disabilities?

  • Amy Moreno
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1 7:03 AM
      how did you make the little balls? (sorry..I didn't read the whole thread) I am considering working with slightly disabled students (autistic and Downs Syndrome, as I have had a few  (ADD, ADHD and one with DS) students in VA, but am not trained in it and am looking for more info.

      Amy

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1 4:30 PM
        Please stop sending me all these emails. I do not want to be a part of this site anymore. I am too busy working to read all of this materrial.

        Thank you
        ________________________________
        I taught in art an inclusive classroom and had conferences with the teachers to see where the strengths and

        challenges were and worked toward the strengths. The kids don't have to do the same project. For instance, with the brdhouse,
        the kid could paint an already built one or use markers and then use glitter glue. Figure out what you, the kid and the parent want from the experience
        and go with that. you won't go wrong. k
        On Mar 30, 2010, at 4:37 PM, Wanda wrote:

        Could some of you share how much you help you give students with sever
        disabilities? Our school has an inclusion police so I have special
        education students, some severly disabled with no aide, grouped with the
        rest of the population of students. I have as many as four self
        contained students in one class a long with 10-15 regular and advanced
        students. I probably assist them too much but I want them to feel
        successful. For instance art 1 students are working with clay making
        boxes, birehouses or teapots, I built one students box completely, she
        has downs syndrome and can hardly hold a pencil, she will add all the
        details to the outside and cut out the top to form a lid. Any thoughts
        on this? Wanda
      • Brandy
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2 6:28 AM
          Surely, you didn't think someone else holds all the power over your membership? You have the power!

          Hit the "edit membership" button at the top of the screen.

          Sorry to bust on you, but this comes up at least twice a year.
          Brandy

        • art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2 11:17 AM
            Instructions on how to unsubscribe were sent to you when you subscribed as wall as posted here each month. To unsubscribe, go to the listgroup home page at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/art_education. Click on "Edit Membership."

            Ken

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Andrucyk, Inez" <andrucyki@...> wrote:

            > Please stop sending me all these emails. I do not want to be a part of this site anymore. I am too busy working to read all of this materrial.
            >

            > Thank you
          • Kate
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2 3:06 PM

              Another option is to edit your membership and select the option of selecting daily digest and just receive one email per day.  That keeps you in the loop but doesn’t bombard you with dozens of emails every day.

              Kate