Re: Underwater artists

  • MarciaB
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
      Thank you to everyone who responded to my underwater artist request! The artists given were a great variety of styles. I'm going to make a slideshow to show all these different ways artists have depicted underwater life. Wonderful, thanks!

      Marcia

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Judy Decker <jdecker4art@...> wrote:

      > Greetings Marcia,
      >
      > I don't remember what grade level you are working with now, but my
      > students loved the work of Ron G. Steven (Rogest).
      > http://www.rogest.com/main/?_home
      > http://www.rogest.com/main/ (if you want to see the intro)
      > Canadian artist whose work is inspired by Aboriginal dot paintings. He
      > did spend some time in Australia.
      >
      > I bought four Giglee prints. Kept the two fish but gave away the
      > turtle and octopus. I emailed him to see if he still has that size
      > available, but he is away from email for a while. If I do hear back, I
      > will let you know.
      >
      > I also used the fanciful fish by Louis Renard with students. Many
      > years ago, there was calendar that had great images. Dover has a book
      > and CD now. You might be able to get the large picture book (check
      > eBay etc).
      >
      > Another contemporary artist is Wyland:
      > http://www.wyland.com/index.htm
      >
      > I used fish art from many cultures in my teaching..... always liked
      > fish....Now fish consume a big chunk of my day. I love my 75 gallon
      > aquarium! (plus I have a 10 gallon now too). I keep freshwater fish -
      > have all parts of the world represented. Saltwater is too complicated
      > for me. My son does both.
      >
      > I have a folder of lots of fish art - many artists - but this should
      > get you started. You might find links on IAD, too.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Judy Decker

    • MARYANN KOHL
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
        A few of many::::::

        http://www.jeffwilkie.com
        Jeff Wilkie paints Hawaiian scenes under the sea of dolphins, humpback whales, reef fish, and so on.

        www.belindaleigh.com
        Belinda Leigh, Hawaiian under the sea paintings.

        MaryAnn Kohl
        maryann@...