Underwater artist?

  • MarciaB
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31 3:37 PM
      Can anyone think of an artist that makes paintings or drawings of underwater or the ocean?

      Marcia
    • Jenifer Weiss
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31 4:04 PM
        David Hockney

        To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
        From: marciadotcom@...
        Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:37:17 +0000
        Subject: [art_education] Underwater artist?

        Can anyone think of an artist that makes paintings or drawings of underwater or the ocean?

        Marcia

      • Kathleen Maledon
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31 8:55 PM
          Look under calendar art....you might find some fishing pictures. k
          On Mar 31, 2010, at 3:37 PM, MarciaB wrote:

          Can anyone think of an artist that makes paintings or drawings of underwater or the ocean?

          Marcia

        • Helen Bolger
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31 11:49 PM
            Hi,

            Dorothy Cross - Irish Artist - I know she had a major show on the ocean
            - may be more sculptural and photographic - but she will be fab!

            Helen

            MarciaB wrote:
            > Can anyone think of an artist that makes paintings or drawings of underwater or the ocean?
            >

            > Marcia

          • artsypffartsy
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
              I use Jennifer Belote's work. She paints GORGEOUS marine life paintings from each of the world's oceans. I wrote to her to get permission to use her work and she was very nice to grant us the use of her work for in school viewings. I have my 3rd graders do marine life paintings each year using her work as an example. I have tons of photos of marine life for them to incorporate into their own compositions. In fact, COMPOSITION is the name of the game. Elements and Principals city!!!! Grouping for unity, repetition and harmony, pattern, diagonal placement of fish to create movement. Creating a school of fish that lead your eye through a visual path in your work, variety of size, overlapping, the list goes on and on with this. I have examples of 3rd grade marine life paintings on our website.
              http://www.beloteoceanart.com
              Linda Woods, St. Johns School
              www.sjs.org, click on fine arts, lower school, look in our media gallery for 3rd grade marine life watercolors

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "MarciaB" <marciadotcom@...> wrote:

              > Can anyone think of an artist that makes paintings or drawings of underwater or the ocean?
              >

              > Marcia

            • MarciaB
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
                Thank you for that suggestion.. Her artwork is GORGEOUS! love it. I couldn't find your marine watercolor pictures. I was able to find the lower school gallery but couldn't find those pictures. I have to ask you though, how did you create those magnificent city collage murals? It looks like cut paper? Did you paint the backgrounds? What are they mounted on? How did you introduce the lesson?

                Marcia