Potholder Loops

  • aliteachesart
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2010
      Hi,

      I have a TON of jersey loops I bought to make potholders with my students a few years ago, but the loops are too small and really hard to stretch, plus they are thick. Other than tossing them into the collage goodies, does anyone have ideas to use them? Thanks, Ali k-4
    • De Anna Michelle
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2010
        Curtains, a fashion-bangle belt, all kinds of things...purses, key rings, etc...

        DeAnna Michelle

        "Be who you are and be that well."
        - Saint Francis de Sales -

        I have a TON of jersey loops I bought to make potholders with my students a few years ago, but the loops are too small and really hard to stretch, plus they are thick. Other than tossing them into the collage goodies, does anyone have ideas to use them? Thanks, Ali k-4

      • Hillmer, Jan
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010

          Make  new looms on wood using nails?  Heck you could have the kids make those looms.

          Jan in Tampa

          Gr 1-5

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010
            Thanks for the ideas, how do you put them together? Crochet? I need a little more. Thanks! ALi
            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, De Anna Michelle <deanna_michelle_muecke@...> wrote:

            > Curtains, a fashion-bangle belt, all kinds of things...purses, key rings, etc...
            >
            > DeAnna Michelle
            >  "Be who you are and be that well."
            > - Saint Francis de Sales -

          • Diane Davis
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010
              Have you tried finger weaving? This is so easy with loops and makes a wonderful ropelike, belt like fabric.
              diane