Re: [art_education] Engaging Learners Through Artmaking: Choice-Based Art Education in the Classroom - Book Review

  • Marty Reid
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2010
      Hi Judy...Hope you're doing okay!  It's been some time since I sent you just a plain old hello!
      Marty

      On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Judy Decker <jdecker4art@...> wrote:

      Dear Art Educators (and all educators),

      Many of you are looking for ways to boost student creativity and
      involve them in their work. Students become involved when they are
      making their own decisions...students are actively engaged -
      discipline problems disappear. Read the review for the book:
      Engaging Learners Through Artmaking: Choice-Based Art Education in the Classroom
      Katherine M. Douglas and Diane B. Jaquith. New York: Teachers College
      Press, 2009.
      http://www.naea-reston.org/learning/media-reviews

      Scroll down. Review was posted March 2.

      Note: Getty Members, if you post a reply to this- remove my email
      address. Your efforts to keep this email address out of Getty archives
      has kept my Spam to a minimum on this account. Yes, I know, many have
      posted it -- but not nearly as many since I started posting this
      reminder to take the extra time to remove member email addresses
      before you click "send". It is nice to open my email account and not
      see lots of junk mail from my own address (spoofed, of course).

      --
      Marty Reid

      President
      Square 1 Art