Local Advocacy Toolkit

  • Abodeely, John M
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2010

      Hello Colleagues-

      I wanted to share this local toolkit from Arts Ed Washington.

      TAKE ACTION NOW

      ArtsEd Washington launches new Parent Toolkit for School Board Advocacy

      Over the next few weeks, every district and School Board in Washington State will be examining its budget and many will seek community input in making the decisions on areas to be cut.

      It’s fair to assume that the arts will be vulnerable in these discussions. School Boards may not have heard much this year from those of us that support the arts. They may assume that we won’t mind if they remove arts learning from our child’s education.

      So now is the time to tell them that we do care. Executive Director, Una McAlinden, herself a parent of public school students,  is “in the trenches” in her own district and wants to share the parent engagement ideas that she has developed. Read her Parent to Parent letter here and the Action Alert and Toolkit here.

      Keep us posted on what's happening in your districts! Additional support for School Board Advocacy is available here.

      John Abodeely

      Program Manager, National Partnerships

      John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts

      202/416.8843

      This e-mail message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. This message may contain trade secrets, attorney-client communication, or other privileged and confidential information. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination, reproduction or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the Sender and delete the material from any computer.