Art contest

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17, 2010
      I received this today. I don't know if there are any prizes involved. If there are none, this may be just an attempt to promote their book and get free art content rather than have a legitimate contest. I'll let you decide. -Ken

      ---------

      Artists and Dog Lovers Invited to Submit Work for New Book

      BookCollaborative.com is now inviting artists to submit their favorite original photographs and artwork inspired by man's best friend, the dog. Artist's work will be featured in a new book, to be published fall 2010, entitled "DOG SAYINGS: wit & wisdom from man's best friend." The book will showcase some of the best artwork and original photographs inspired by dogs along with the funniest, most insightful and heart-warming dog related quotations. For more information and to register to submit artwork, visit http://dogsayings.ning.com

      BookCollaborative.com's revolutionary model towards publication is designed to create new opportunities for artists. BookCollaborative.com's unique and innovative publication process compiles art and artist information into books, which showcase original art to readers. DOG SAYINGS will be available on Amazon.com, Barnes&Noble.com and will be available by order from any bookstore in the US, UK, and Canada.

      Artists can submit up to five high-resolution images to dogsayings@... by April 30, 2010. DOG SAYINGS is open to art of any kind including digital images of paintings, drawings, sculpture, cartoons etc. By submitting their work, artists grant BookCollaborative.com the non-exclusive right to showcase the content. More information on "DOG SAYINGS: wit & wisdom from man's best friend" can be found at http://dogsayings.ning.com
    • Byrd1956
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 18, 2010
        None of the links worked....
      • Ken
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 19, 2010
          This is a common problem on Yahoo groups. URL's either have spaces added to them or letters around the URL are included too. Remove the period after the "com" and the links will work.

          Ken

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Byrd1956" <rhelsel@...> wrote:

          > None of the links worked....

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 17, 2010
            Not everyone is into art contests. This post is for those who are:

            Play With Your Pears Kids' Art Contest
            Win a $1,000 Gift Certificate From SmileMaker's®, Inc.

            Kids 5-18—Here's your chance to play with your food and win big. The Pacific Northwest Canned Pear Service is sponsoring a contest to encourage kids to "Play With Your Pears" by decorating a canned pear (or downloadable pear outline) for a chance to win a $1,000 SmileMaker's, Inc. gift certificate for art and educational supplies. See the contest website for full details.

            http://eatcannedpears.com/playwithyourpears/

            The Play With Your Pears kids' art contest is sponsored by Pacific Northwest Canned Pear Service and runs from October 1, 2010 through December 15, 2010.

            Open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia, entrants must be between 5-12 and 13-18 years of age in their state of residence at the date of entry. Void where prohibited. (Odds of winning depend on number of entries.? Is this statement necessary?) We respect the privacy of minors and operate this contest in compliance with COPPA rules and regulations. All entries from minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian's approval. See full rules and regulations.

            Grand Prize: Two $1,000 SmileMakers, Inc., Gift Certificates: one gift certificate for each age category (5-12 and 13-18). See official rules for complete prize details.

            No purchase necessary.

            Official rules at http://eatcannedpears.com/playwithyourpears/official-rules/

            Pacific Northwest Canned Pearsin a $1000 certificate for art and school supplies fromp Smilemakers, Inc
            Cynthia Traina
            cynthia@...
            415/775-3330
            m: 415/310-1442