re: tables and chairs

  • Michele
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010
      when i came to my new job, my principal asked me if i wanted to keep the desks from the former teacher or get tables. I opted for tables. I have an assortment (aka not matching) but it works well. I have 4 tables near the front that are a bit shorter in height with regular sized chairs, the young ones sit here. Then I have 4 taller tables behind these that i use for the overflow of my upper/taller/bigger students. The young ones won't really have a problem with chairs as much as they will the table height. Pick tables that a couple inches lower to solve this problem. (or you will have paint in the little ones armpits-no kidding, this has happened to one of my very tiny kindergartners.) Also, when lots of reaching and moving is needed for the little ones, i do away with chairs and have them stand and work, they are so busy they don't even mind.
      hope this helps!
      Michele