Re: [art_education] Ideas for cardboard

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
      http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=cardboard+art+projects&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=iTuLS4H2D4LssgOM0PmEAw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCQQsAQwAw

      Try this search, above, on Google. It shows lots of images of cardboard art, which may give you some inspiration.

      Idea: I like when kids cut and peel the cardboard so the corrugation shows.

      MaryAnn Kohl
      maryann@...

      On Feb 28, 2010, at 6:25 PM, mccauley_misty wrote:

      I was recently gifted some very large pieces of corrugated cardboard, and wondered if any of you had ideas or projects for their use. I teach elementary art. Thanks!

    • taranight
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
        if you peel the cardboard so the corrugation shows you can make collographs. I did this with kindergarten- they have a piece of cardboard for the base, then cut or tear shapes from the corrugated card and make sort of a collage, but not overlapping. Then they have a printing plate they can make rubbings or actually ink it and print from it- they can even cover it in tin foil to make a relief artwork. Look up collograph on google.

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "mccauley_misty" <mccauley_misty@...> wrote:

        > I was recently gifted some very large pieces of corrugated cardboard, and wondered if any of you had ideas or projects for their use. I teach elementary art. Thanks!

      • The Ericksons
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010

          Let students cut the corr. cardboard, combine with thinner posterboard and make pictures on pieces of matteboard and then use for printmaking.   The corrugated makes a neat texture.