Cowboy/girl hats

  • sueallen_art
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2010
      Has anyone ever made a cowboy/girl hat using felt? I usually have the students make them out of brown paper but would like to have something sturdier. Any thoughts, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Sue
    • Cheryl Hancock
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2010
        Sue , Re cowboy hats.
         Are these hats 3d or 2d?
        Cheryl H

        --
        Cheryl Hancock
        Cooper, Dior and Charisma
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2010
          Hi Sue,

          I'm in the middle of a hat project at the moment and I've used cardboard
          boxes (study ones!) that I curve by scoring to bend. We then cover them
          with brown or white newsprint paper and they are incredibly strong.
          Would you like me to send over some images?

          Helen (UK)

          Cheryl Hancock wrote:
          > Sue , Re cowboy hats.
          > Are these hats 3d or 2d?
          > Cheryl H
          >
          > On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:15 PM, sueallen_art <sueallen_art@...>wrote:
          >

          >> Has anyone ever made a cowboy/girl hat using felt? I usually have the
          >> students make them out of brown paper but would like to have something
          >> sturdier. Any thoughts, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated.
          >> Thank you. Sue

        • ednakate
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2010
            I'd love to see some images of the cardboard hats. The kinders at our school do a hat project that they want me to lead. I am looking for some fairly simply yet fun looking hats. In the past for smaller groups, I have used the technique by the Rad Hatter which is to paint grocery bags with household latex then the kids decorate.
            Thanks,
            Alyssa San Diego