Instructional DVDs for middle school, setting up an in-classroom media station

  • Ms. Thielke
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2010
      My principal is interested in setting up our two art classroom
      computers as independent work stations where the students can watch
      short videos on not only artists but also techniques with various
      mediums that would relate to the whole class lessons. I'm looking for
      feedback on great DVDs that you have used with middle school aged
      students. I am aware of different online videos for the students to
      access but we are interested in making the computers offline for this
      work time to reduce the amount of offtask browsing. We are currently
      working on color theory and will follow with cardboard collagraphs.

      Please describe any similar work stations that you have found to be
      successful or unsuccessful. We have a very high percentage of students
      with LDs, EDs, and ADHD and would like to provide them with multiple
      ways to access the information.

      Thanks for you help!!
      Angela
    • mariocs76
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2010
        Two words "Creativity Express". This interactive CD-Rom is excellent for elementary and middle school. Students will learn everything from elements to art history. I purchased a copy online for only $4 use it all the time to reinforce certain lessons. Much success.