Call for artists: International Artist Residencies, Budapest, Hungary 2010

  • beata szechy
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
      Call for artists: International Artist Residencies, Budapest, Hungary 2010

      Program Dates:
      Tuesday May 11, 2010 - Thursday, June 3, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by February 6. 2010*
      Tuesday, June 8, 2010 - Thursday, July 1, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by March 6. 2010*
      Tuesday, July 6, 2010 - Thursday, July 29, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by March 6. 2010*
      Tuesday, August 3, 2010 - Thursday August 26, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by March 6. 2010*
      Monday, December 27, 2010 - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 --Deadline (must be received) by September 6. 2010*

      Applications via email only.
      Work samples: 5-10 jpeg images, under 1 MB each.  For film/video, please email clearly labelled youtube/site links.  Please do not refer us to a general website link or send an incomplete application.
      http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com/id69.html

      The Hungarian Multicultural Center, Inc.® (HMC), 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, invites interested visual artists, writers, performers to submit application for its residency program in Budapest, Hungary.
      The residencies offer participants to interact with other artists representing a variety of cultures and backgrounds. Approximately 6-8 artists are invited for each session.

      While HMC does not provide funding for residencies, we are helping to facilitate the creation of program, the cost of the exhibitions and cover %40 of total cost, artists cover %60. We encourage the applicants to apply for a grant or scholarship.

      For questions, application form please write to Beata Szechy
      bszechy@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2010
        Call for artists: International Artist Residencies, Budapest, Hungary 2010

        Monday, December 27, 2010 - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 --Deadline (must be received) by September 6. 2010*

        Applications via email only.
        Work samples: 5-10 jpeg images, under 1 MB each.  For film/video, please email clearly labeled youtube/site links.  Please do not refer us to a general website link or send an incomplete application.
        http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com/id69.html

        The Hungarian Multicultural Center, Inc.® (HMC), 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, invites interested visual artists, writers, performers to submit application for its residency program in Budapest, Hungary.

        While HMC does not provide funding for residencies, we are helping to facilitate the creation of program, the cost of the exhibitions and cover %40 of total cost, artists cover %60. We encourage the applicants to apply for a grant or scholarship.

        For questions, application form please write to Beata Szechy
        bszechy@...
        http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com
      • Diane Gregory
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 25, 2010

           Greetings Art Educators!

          Thanks to all of you who in the Art Education Yahoo Group and the Getty List who have signed up as a Charter Member of ArtEdOnline.  There are approximately 250 people who have signed up between the two lists.  I am thrilled at such a show of support.

          For those who missed the announcement, ArtEdOnline is a blog/web site I am creating for all art educators:  K-12 art teachers, elementary classroom teachers who teach art, Higher Ed Art Educators who teach undergraduate and graduate level pre-service and inservice art educators and the entire Art Education community.

          I am in the process of creating this web site and Charter Members will receive an invitation to preview the site before it officially launches.  Also, I will invite you to share your opinions and ideas about what you would like to see on the site.  It will be your chance to shape the site over the years.  In addition, you will receive a ton of free stuff.  I will consider you to be the backbone and go to list of people I can get valuable feedback to make this site a site that has something for everyone in the Art Education community.

          The deadline for Charter Membership is tonight, Sunday, July 25 by midnight.  Please get your requests submitted to me by tonight.  Send me your request via your own private email where you want me to contact you.  Include a brief discription of your and your professional work.  Include anything you are comfortable in sharing about who you are.  Send your request to my email at:  gregory.diane55@...

          I will not be extending the deadline further.  I have already extended it twice to include as many art teachers as possible.

          Just to recap, the features of ArtEdOnline will be:

          1.  A Blog site that has my thoughts on various Art Education topics such as:  Social Justice, Art Learning Technologies, Online Learning, DBAE, Visual Culture, Interdisciplinary Art Approaches, Choice-Based Art Education, etc.

          2.  A threaded discussion so that readers can interact with each other about my blog posts or other topics.

          3.  Content such as K-12 art lesson plans, art activities, handouts, learning guides, review of art and art education books, art history, art studio, aesthetics, art criticism, contemporary artists.

          4.  Featured Art Educators that submit information about themselves and their programs and student work.

          5.  A Newsletter with additional information beyond that which is available beyond the blog...an extension of the blog, if you will.

          6.  Free and low cost eBooks in PDF format that can be downloaded about various art and art education topics.

          7.  Free and low cost asynchronous online workshops about various topics

          8.  A section that reviews and discusses various articles in popular and important art education magazines and journals including:  Art Education, Studies in Art Education, School Arts, Arts and Activities, etc.

          9.  Information about how to set up your own WordPress blog to advocate for your own art program and how to use PayPal to collect donations for your art program.

          10.  Information about how to send out press releases about your art program and your own work.

          These are only some of the features of the site once it is fully functional.  Of course, some of these features will be phased in over time.

          I look forward to your request to become a Charter Member of ArtEdOnline.  The deadline again is July 25, 2010 by midnight.  Just email me your request with your brief professional biography at gregory.diane55@....

          Go confidently in the direction of your dreams--Live the Life You've Imagined!
          Henry David Thoreau, Walden

          Dr. Diane C. Gregory
          Associate Professor of Art Education
          Director, Undergraduate & Graduate Studies in Art Education
          dgregory@...