Re: [art_education] Re: Non-expendables for the Art Room

  • MaryJo Rosania-Harvie
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 9, 2010
      Let us know what you decide, I love to help people spend thier money!!!
      MaryJo
      New Jersey.

      On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM, bethmorris1125 <bethmorris1125@...> wrote:

      I agree with the poster who recommended a paper cutter if you do not have one. But also a printer or plotter would be fabulous. If you don't currently do photography -- you could. That is a bummer about the kiln. What about a large drying rack for artwork? That is something I cannot live without.

      ENJOY! How exciting!

      Beth
      Marietta, GA

      --
      MaryJo Rosania-Harvie

    • aliteachesart
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 11, 2010
        What about a book shelf filled with art books? I have a hand-me-down display shelf with lots of art, animal reference and beautiful picture books- students love to take them to the rug (another item) and read them and use them when drawing. Many parents that might not be able to afford a big ticket item would gladly spring for a book or two for your shelf. Whatever you choose- reach for the sky! You never know unless you ask! Ali B. k-4

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "ednakate" <h8n2w8@...> wrote:

        > The foundation at our school is having a fundraiser and have asked me what items I would like for the art room. The example they gave from science was a microscope. The idea is that a person could have something purchased for the art room and have a plaque affixed to the item stating that they donated that item.
        > Our school is new and has a lot of technology so we have docucams, interactive white boards, etc. in each classroom. I do not have very many ideas for a large ticket item that could be used by several grade levels beyond a loom. What I really want is a kiln but our district insurance only allows kilns at the high school level.
        > I was hoping one of you might have some ideas.
        > Thanks,
        > Alyssa

      • Kelli Wilke
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 14, 2010
          What about display cases?  Our school had nothing and I just received a grant and now I get to buy a 3-D display case and a museum style wall hanging system to put in the hallway!