Re: [art_education] Non-expendables for the Art Room

  • MaryJo Rosania-Harvie
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2010
      Or a nice Epson 2400 printer that you can print on a roll of paper or sheets over 11x14 inches?
      DO you do any photography with your students, they love shiny prints, that's for sure!!
      MaryJo

      On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Billie Dreher <bdreher27@...> wrote:

       - How about a nice flat bed printer for printing styfofoam printiing plates or linoleum plates? - a really good one is about 1200 - its table mounted, too!  I just purchased a small one for 420 - but was really wishing I could purchase the larger model - it would last for decades!- no electricity!

      Billie Ann Dreher

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2010

        How about a heavy duty paper cutter?   I just bought one with my Artsonia money and it is awesome!

        Re:   The foundation at our school is having a fundraiser and have asked me what items I would like for the art room.

      • bethmorris1125
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 9, 2010
          I agree with the poster who recommended a paper cutter if you do not have one. But also a printer or plotter would be fabulous. If you don't currently do photography -- you could. That is a bummer about the kiln. What about a large drying rack for artwork? That is something I cannot live without.

          ENJOY! How exciting!

          Beth
          Marietta, GA
        • MaryJo Rosania-Harvie
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 9, 2010
            Let us know what you decide, I love to help people spend thier money!!!
            MaryJo
            New Jersey.

            --
            MaryJo Rosania-Harvie

          • aliteachesart
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 11, 2010
              What about a book shelf filled with art books? I have a hand-me-down display shelf with lots of art, animal reference and beautiful picture books- students love to take them to the rug (another item) and read them and use them when drawing. Many parents that might not be able to afford a big ticket item would gladly spring for a book or two for your shelf. Whatever you choose- reach for the sky! You never know unless you ask! Ali B. k-4

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "ednakate" <h8n2w8@...> wrote:

              > The foundation at our school is having a fundraiser and have asked me what items I would like for the art room. The example they gave from science was a microscope. The idea is that a person could have something purchased for the art room and have a plaque affixed to the item stating that they donated that item.
              > Our school is new and has a lot of technology so we have docucams, interactive white boards, etc. in each classroom. I do not have very many ideas for a large ticket item that could be used by several grade levels beyond a loom. What I really want is a kiln but our district insurance only allows kilns at the high school level.
              > I was hoping one of you might have some ideas.
              > Thanks,
              > Alyssa

            • Kelli Wilke
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 14, 2010
                What about display cases?  Our school had nothing and I just received a grant and now I get to buy a 3-D display case and a museum style wall hanging system to put in the hallway!