Gathering Information - If your students made Haiti Houses

  • art304
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
      If your students made "Haiti Houses" (http://www.haitihouses.org), we'd like to track how much money you donated to Haiti relief.

      Please go to our site and click on the "making a difference" link on the home page and fill in some basic information for us - We plan to post the "power of art" in dollar amounts.  As of this morning (February 3rd), the project raised $24,603 (from schools that reported in).  If you report and then raise more money, we also have a way to update as well.

      We will be posting participating schools and photos (if you send them) next week.

      Some people have asked if there's a deadline - absolutely not!  The people of Haiti will be needing our help for a long long time.  Perhaps you could make this some sort of annual event at your school.

      We posted a press release on the site that you may use to help generate sales of your tiny houses.

      Thanks for making a difference!
      Ann & Ellen
    • reens@semol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2010
        Just fyi: my students made Haiti Houses and I am selling them next weekend
        at a community art show. They aren't all houses though, alot are just
        squares of cardboard that they put designs on. They really loved using
        those perm. markers and the little squares of cardboard! I used it as a
        filler project for the last 3 weeks. Just wanted to thank you for your
        efforts and the great idea!
        Reen
        k-8 art teacher