Re: Dissertation; Art Nouveau, Jugenstill, l'art Moderne.. Klimt, Beardsley, Mucha

  • Angela
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2010
      Art Nouveau is one of my favourite design styles! I have two books from Flame Tree Publishing(www.frametreepublications.com)that I simply love, Art Nouveau and Mackintosh. What I love about this period is the joining of organic curves and straight edges, natural and manufactured materials. Oddly, Art Nouveau seems to be making a comeback thanks to the Green Movement. It will interesting to see what impact the Green Movement will have on 21st century arts and crafts.

      If I had to limit myself to three artists that best illustrate the Art Nouveau movement, I'd have to say Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Emile Galle, and Rene Lalique. I would like to add, however, that Tiffany Studios also had a major impact. In fact, Tiffany continues to use designs that remain as popular as they were during the height of the Art Nouveau Movement.

      If you need any more help, I encourage you to check out this site, http://www.dexigner.com/art/news.html. Hope this helps at least a little.