Artists influenced by Chinese Brush Painting and Calligraphy

  • Jenna
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2010
      Hi everyone!
      This group has been invaluable. The info shared by everyone has
      strengthened our art program here in Alameda tremendously, thank you so
      much!!

      We are doing a Chinese Brush Painting and Calligraphy lesson in 6th
      grade - I have discovered that Mark Tobey was influenced heavily by this
      - are there any other artists who's work was also influenced by brush
      painting and calligraphy?

      Thanks!
      Jenna
    • Julie Casebourn
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2010
        I will give a BIG 2nd to the tremendous service this list serve provides.  I appreciate the genorous sharing that everyone contributes.. so many rich and varied ideas.  Thank you for all that take their time and energy to post.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2010
          Jenna,I did an acrylic painting project w/my 7th. graders using Marc Tobey as an influence. You can see the paintings from last school year from this link: http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=186617
          Robyn
        • Hillmer, Jan