Kennedy Center conference: Arts Integration Schools: What, Why, and How
Hello Colleagues! I want to let you know about the Changing Education Through the Arts conference here at the Kennedy Center. Full details: http://www.kennedy-center.org/education/ceta/conference.html. Get in touch with any questions or concerns! -John
Arts Integration Schools: What, Why, and How
At the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, DC
April 7-10, 2010
This conference shares a decade of Kennedy Center’s experience in 20 Washington, D.C. area schools aimed at building a school- wide philosophy for and practice of arts integration. The
program, Changing Education Through the Arts (CETA), is a school reform effort realized through ongoing, in-depth professional learning for teachers.
WHAT and WHY
• Examine a definition and rationale for arts integration
• Explore the key features of the Kennedy Center’s school-based arts integration program
• Visit a Kennedy Center CETA school to see arts integration in practice
• Examine and apply a process for creating an arts integration school
• Participate in guided team planning
• Enjoy an evening with the arts: attend Terrence McNally’s Master Class, the Tony-award winning play which depicts opera diva Maria Callas as she reflect on the glories, triumphs, and tragedies of her own life and career.
Full Attendance Option (April 7-10): $350 per team member (includes conference, 200-page resource binder, meals, and a Master Class)
Partial Attendance Option (April 7-8): $225 per person (includes conference and meals)
Program Manager, National Partnerships
John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
This e-mail message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. This message may contain trade secrets, attorney-client communication, or other privileged and confidential information. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination, reproduction or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the Sender and delete the material from any computer.