  • Ken Rohrer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010
      List members,

      Several long time members have had their computers infected with a worm and/or virus. This caused their computer to post spam to the group.

      Just to let you know my policy when dealing with this kind of thing- I delete any members who post spam to the list- even if it was not intentional. This is because if their computers are infected, they will continue to send spam to the group. If you find your membership terminated and you were an innocent victim of a virus or worm, you can easily reapply for membership once you clean your computer of the virus or worm. This is nothing personal. I am simply guarding the group as best as I can against spam.

      This past Sunday someone was able to post a spam to multiple groups. This was in spite of the fact she was not a member of the group. This was almost immediately deleted by Yahoo employees but for those of you who receive your posts by individual email or daily digests, you received this post. (Titled "hello" on Sunday)

      In spite of my efforts to keep the list spam free, spammers always come up with crafty ways of getting their spam on list groups.

      Ken Rohrer
      The Incredible Art Department
      http://www.incredibleart.org/