Re: Photography Projects

  • david gran
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2010
      Hi Sue, I've been meaning to mention this here for a while, but since you asked about photography projects... I'm working on a collaborative "Light Painting" project with some other teachers around the world. The theme is to use light painting to reveal something magical about your community. Final projects will be collected and published in a book, with all of the proceeds going to the Jacaranda School for AIDS orphans in Malawi (the founder, Marie Da Silva was a CNN Hero last year, and our own school has done extensive work in helping build new facilities there).

      You can find all the information about our project at the following link:

      http://carrotrevolution.com/lightpainting.

      Our project was also just mentioned on the NPR Blog:

      http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow/2009/12/a_new_material_for_painting_li.html

      I hope you (and all other photography teachers reading this!) will think about contributing something to our project, I think its a fun activity that students really get into, and a worthy cause.

      David

      http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/ The day is coming when an ordinary carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution. -Paul Cezanne