tape sculptures

  • Nyree Hopkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009

      Hello everyone,
      I'm a Toddler/Twos teacher for KinderCare. The othe day I was looking through my curriculum book and noticed that I have to do sculptures with my children using tape. I have no clue how to do this! Can anyone help or give any ideas? If you have any tips or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

      Thanks in advance!
      Nyree NC

    • Suzette Milam-Morrow
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009

        For your age group, I suggest having the kids scrunch up a length of masking tape into a sculpture. Or you could try MaryAnn Kohl’s lesson in which you attach short pieces of tape all over a container of some kind. The point of the media for that age is using the fine motor skills to turn loose of the tape and work with something sticky. If you show them what happens with tape and talk about 3-d “We can make things that can be looked at from all sides” the kids will show you some cool stuff THEY can think of to do with TAPE.

        Discovery learning is the best. ;) Just make sure you monitor the tape in hair issues that often arise. That is why I suggest low tac masking tape. Sticky, but not too sticky.

        Best Wishes,

        Suzette Morrow

        www.http://TheArtStudio.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009
          Thank you so much! I was wondering how I was goingto do a sculpture with my age group. I never thought of that!

          I'm a Toddler/Twos teacher for KinderCare. The othe day I was looking through my curriculum book and noticed that I have to do sculptures with my children using tape. I have no clue how to do this! Can anyone help or give any ideas? If you have any tips or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

          Thanks in advance!

          Nyree   NC

        • ednakate
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2009
            We also make sculptures with scrunched foil and then cover them in masking tape then paint/decorate them.
            Alyssa
            San Diego

            Toddler/Twos teacher for KinderCare sculptures with my children using tape.
          • go4art@juno.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 9, 2010
              I know many of you have or will do the packing tape sculptures with your students. I thought I would pass this along in case you haven't seen it. Scotch Packing Tape is sponsoring a sculpture contest, "Off the Roll". Go to their site for details. www.offtherollcontest.com/main/home.aspx

              creatively, Linda

              Senior Assisted Living
              Put your loved ones in good hands with quality senior assisted living. Click now!
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=5DOA3rOjTatIBjs-v6E-ZAAAJ1Cmxx9XQ-rPejP48lmhrUaqAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASUQAAAAA=