Re: [art_education] Re: Grade 1 Printmaking (or other) Ideas

  • Denise Pannell
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 4, 2009
      I was going to suggest Gadget Printing also. One of the best "gadgets" I have discovered is the plastic tube center of a tape register receipt roll. It makes the best starburst design! We use them for clay also.

      I have done a successful project with my first graders that involves folding and tearing a face (and all the facial features) and then gadget printing on top using black tempera. Great for introducing symmetry!

      You can see some examples in this Artsonia gallery for our school:
      Close up:
      http://www.artsonia.com/museum/art.asp?id=5342769&exhibit=187055&gallery=y

      This one shows the sunburst eyes made from the receipt tube:
      http://www.artsonia.com/museum/art.asp?id=1784371&exhibit=74180&gallery=y

      More examples:
      http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=74180&index=12

      Denise Pannell