Re: Grade 1 Printmaking (or other) Ideas

  • kismet_c2
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 4, 2009
      I'd like to thank everyone who sent ideas for my grade 1 lesson. I will go through each of them and already feel certain to find something that I will use. I really appreciate all of your suggestions.

      Thanks again,
      Sandra
    • Denise Pannell
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 4, 2009
        I was going to suggest Gadget Printing also. One of the best "gadgets" I have discovered is the plastic tube center of a tape register receipt roll. It makes the best starburst design! We use them for clay also.

        I have done a successful project with my first graders that involves folding and tearing a face (and all the facial features) and then gadget printing on top using black tempera. Great for introducing symmetry!

        You can see some examples in this Artsonia gallery for our school:
        Close up:
        http://www.artsonia.com/museum/art.asp?id=5342769&exhibit=187055&gallery=y

        This one shows the sunburst eyes made from the receipt tube:
        http://www.artsonia.com/museum/art.asp?id=1784371&exhibit=74180&gallery=y

        More examples:
        http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=74180&index=12

        Denise Pannell