Re: Grade 1 Printmaking (or other) Ideas

  • pent19
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2009
      I am having my kindergartners make their own wrapping paper for a present. I have cut up previous used lino-blocks. Students could experiment with color, patterns and designs. It probably won't take too long, but it could be in addition to another project
      Michele

    • kismet_c2
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 4, 2009
        I'd like to thank everyone who sent ideas for my grade 1 lesson. I will go through each of them and already feel certain to find something that I will use. I really appreciate all of your suggestions.

        Thanks again,
        Sandra
      • Denise Pannell
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 4, 2009
          I was going to suggest Gadget Printing also. One of the best "gadgets" I have discovered is the plastic tube center of a tape register receipt roll. It makes the best starburst design! We use them for clay also.

          I have done a successful project with my first graders that involves folding and tearing a face (and all the facial features) and then gadget printing on top using black tempera. Great for introducing symmetry!

          You can see some examples in this Artsonia gallery for our school:
          Close up:
          http://www.artsonia.com/museum/art.asp?id=5342769&exhibit=187055&gallery=y

          This one shows the sunburst eyes made from the receipt tube:
          http://www.artsonia.com/museum/art.asp?id=1784371&exhibit=74180&gallery=y

          More examples:
          http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=74180&index=12

          Denise Pannell