Re: Overhaul of Incredible Art Department

  • Brandy
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2009
      Thank-you for asking this question-
      I would LOVE! to see multiple search options. There are just too many artists for me to know, so being able to do searches by topics or ideas/subject matter is really useful, but am I really into teaching art history, and I often do look for ideas on specific artists. If I could search for either, that would be the best idea of all.
      I have a several cookbooks who do this- i can search by ingredient, the name of the dish, the type of dishes (appetizers or salads, etc.) or by season that the dish occurs in the cookbook. I love it.
      Since the list search sends you to a second page, creating multiple list engines and then linking them to the one lesson plan would seem, though time consuming in the beginning, not a difficult task.
      I find the grade recommendations the least useful.

      Just my two cents. Thanks for asking,
      Brandy

      Do you want to see them by country, ethnicity, sex, or style of art? Any other method? Of particular interest is whether you would want to search by male or female artists. I want to make it easy to find a specific artist. The page is located at http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artists.html.