Re:kites

  • Gassman, Kim
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009

      I make kites quite often with my middle school students. I use a book called Asian Kites. You can get it through Dick Blick (item # C71886-1001). They have some nice simple kites you can build. I get the supplies from a place called Into the Wind. You would have to look it up on line. I’ve also done tetrahedron kites with middle schoolers. They are a little more difficult but still turn out nice.

      Kim Gassman

      Art Department

      Wheeler Middle\High School

      kgassman@...

      All emails using the North Stonington Public School’s email system should conform to BOE Network Policy # 4118.5, and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received this in error, please delete this message and any attachments and notify the sender by replying to this email.
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
        The direct link to the Asian Kites book is http://tinyurl.com/yftqqwr

        Ken

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Gassman, Kim" <gassmank@...> wrote:

        > [cid:image002.gif@...]
        > I make kites quite often with my middle school students. I use a book called Asian Kites. You can get it through Dick Blick (item # C71886-1001). They have some nice simple kites you can build. I get the supplies from a place called Into the Wind. You would have to look it up on line. I've also done tetrahedron kites with middle schoolers. They are a little more difficult but still turn out nice.
        >
        > Kim Gassman
        > Art Department
        > Wheeler Middle\High School
        > kgassman@...

        > All emails using the North Stonington Public School's email system should conform to BOE Network Policy # 4118.5, and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received this in error, please delete this message and any attachments and notify the sender by replying to this email.

      • Suzette Milam-Morrow
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009

          Thanks guys. I went to the library today and requested the book you suggested. I’m going to look it over and see if I can do it solo with that large of an age range.