Re: [art_education] Incredible Art Resources website is no longer online

  • BARBARA YALOF
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 4, 2009
      Judy,
      Over the years we all have been influenced by your thoroughness and creativity.I will miss you!
      Enjoy your retirement!
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 4, 2009
        Judy, I am sorry to hear that this has happened. I also worry about things like happening to my website without credit being given where it is due. I love the entire site and it is my number site to go to when I need ideas and inspiration. I also understand the frustration of the upkeep. Our school switched our servers for websites this year (from frontpage to schoolworld) and all my hard work from the previous years was deleted =( the new software is easier but going through all of it again is not. Best of luck
        Michele ny
      • The Ericksons
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 4, 2009

          RE:       Subject: [art_education] Incredible Art Resources website is no longer online

          Judy,

          Thank you, thank you for all you have done for so many.   Just 2 weeks ago I pulled some of your resources and used them for a lesson on masks.   The hours you spent researching that saved me hours of work and I appreciate you sharing so very, very much.   Very best wishes as you spend your time on other interests and activities but please do stay in touch with all of us as we care about you.

          Cindy in OK

          .

        • Jennifer Rose
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 4, 2009
            I just recently discovered the site about three months ago, I frequently visited it Thank You for all of your help and good luck!

            Thank You,
            Jennifer Rose-Segrest

            Judy, I am sorry to hear that this has happened. I also worry about things like happening to my website without credit being given where it is due. I love the entire site and it is my number site to go to when I need ideas and inspiration. I also understand the frustration of the upkeep. Our school switched our servers for websites this year (from frontpage to schoolworld) and all my hard work from the previous years was deleted =( the new software is easier but going through all of it again is not. Best of luck
            Michele ny

          • helpertouch
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 4, 2009
              I am devastated! I guess there was no way for Judy to know that this was the mainstay for a little art teacher in Utah. I hope you do archive these incredible resources anyway so we don't lose them. We can pitch in and help with website costs if you want.
              Cathy Wilson
            • icreatemore
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 5, 2009
                Ditto on the help and cost thing...I have used your site for years...never occurred to me what it took. Thanks kid and good luck on your future endeavors. PS I am going to buy a couple of T Shirts PPS: Thanks for being you
                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "helpertouch" <wilsonc@...> wrote:

                > I am devastated! I guess there was no way for Judy to know that this was the mainstay for a little art teacher in Utah. I hope you do archive these incredible resources anyway so we don't lose them. We can pitch in and help with website costs if you want.
                > Cathy Wilson

              • baheeney
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 5, 2009
                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "helpertouch" <wilsonc@...> wrote:

                  > I am devastated! I guess there was no way for Judy to know that this was the mainstay for a little art teacher in Utah. I hope you do archive these incredible resources anyway so we don't lose them. We can pitch in and help with website costs if you want.
                  > Cathy Wilson

                  Judy - I want you to know since I moved on from Pennsylvania to Maryland I have always been in touch with you through IAD. Your site has always been and continues to be my GO TO site to check on resources, review past lessons and look for new ones. I totally understand your desire to let it go, and I honor your decision. However, if you didn't realize how many people rely on your tremendous efforts, talents, and generosity in sharing your valuable knowledge then please know you are loved and cherished by many silent lurkers out here. Every art teacher I know visits your site. I will admit that I am a silent supporter, but if I had to pay a subscription cost for your service, I would because it means that much to me.

                  XXXOOO
                  Betsy from New Hope,PA now from Annapolis Maryland

                • Lrooo
                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 5, 2009

                    Yes, I often checked Judy’s site for ideas..  thank you Judy Decker ….losing all those incredible resources is a great loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                  • rutheannwalsh@grouply.com
                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 5, 2009
                      it was so wonderful.  and I didn't copy lessons thinking it would always be theree
                    • rutheannwalsh@grouply.com
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 5, 2009
                        Thank you so much JUDY

                        Ruthe ann
                      • Ken
                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 5, 2009
                          The vast majority of the lessons remain online on the Incredible Art Department. It is only the Incredible Resources section and a few personal lessons of Judy's that have been pulled. I am in the process of redesigning the website and when I'm done I will begin categorizing the lessons. Many of you have requested that the lessons be categorized and that has been a major need. I will let you all know when I am done.

                          Ken
                          List "Nanny"
                          Incredible Art Department

                          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, rutheannwalsh@... wrote:

                          > it was so wonderful. and I didn't copy lessons thinking it would always
                          > be theree

                        • Camille
                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 6, 2009

                            Judy!

                            I have been in awe of your dedication to the Incredible Art Resource for years! You are a GODDESS!!!! And you have helped me get through five years of teaching with very little outside support. Your resources have been my place to go when I needed ANYTHING!  I feel like such a dork that I have not emailed you more often and praised you for your efforts!  You rock my world!!!! (and a lot of others that I am sure haven’t spoken up). I remember my first year of teaching I posted a question asking for help and you responded!!! You responded…not just with a little info but with a huge amount of detail and help! I couldn’t believe your dedication.

                            Thank you from the bottom of my heart and my weary art teacher head! J

                            Blessings from AZ!

                            Camille

                          • Cathy Gaul
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 7, 2009
                              Judy,
                              Add me to the list of your devotees. Teaching in my little private school for 17 years with no art teacher colleagues to share ideas with and not even knowing about the NAE or AENJ or conferences held in my state and elsewhere, I was alone in a desert!
                              Then I found the Getty List and the artsednet and you and the IAD and the IAR sites and it was like coming to the oasis after the long wander.
                              Too poetic maybe but that's how it felt!

                              I know how the computer and internet can suck your life away, and I applaud you for getting away from it after helping others so much.
                              Thanks again for being the awesome person you are and for sharing all you have and for helping me through my work life!

                              Cheers,
                              Cathy Gaul