Re: [art_education] Snowflake templates/stencils-plastic

  • Terri Stokes
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
      RE: I recommend this book: THE HIDDEN MESSAGES of WATER by Masaru Emoto...discovered that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed toward them. he found that water from clear springs and water that has been exposed to loving words shows brilliany, complex, and colorful snowflake patterns. Remarkle photos included. While we are on the subject, this reading will make your lesson more meaningful for the children and you as well. A more profound awareness to supercede the superficial rush in teaching that we find ourselves at times. What are we here for. To pass on a beautiful knowledge through Art, of wonder and a world.

      Kind regards,
      tere

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009

        Another great enrichment resource for snowflakes  is  http://snowflakebentley.com/       Snowflake Bentley was a man who spent his life studying and photographing snowflakes.   They used to have a lot of his snowflake photographs online but I see that they are now selling a CD.   His life story is pretty fascinating though.

        Cindy, who is enjoying 70 degree weather and not yet thinking about snowflakes…..

[...]

      • MaryJo Rosania-Harvie
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
          If you saw "What the Bleep Do We Know" they discuss this in that movie.
          So amazing!!

          --
          MaryJo Rosania-Harvie

        • Steven Graham
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
            Masaru Emoto's claims are not scientific and have never been published in any mainstream science journal.  His photos are very beautiful and artistic.  However his experiments are are pseudoscience.  He clams thought waves effect water......what are thought waves?  I do not think you can effect my health one way or the other by thinking thoughts about the water in my body.  Don't teach junk science....

            Steven Graham

            On Nov 2, 2009, at 5:45 PM, Terri Stokes wrote:

            RE: I recommend this book: THE HIDDEN MESSAGES of WATER by Masaru Emoto...discovered that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed toward them. he found that water from clear springs and water that has been exposed to loving words shows brilliany, complex, and colorful snowflake patterns. Remarkle photos included. While we are on the subject, this reading will make your lesson more meaningful for the children and you as well. A more profound awareness to supercede the superficial rush in teaching that we find ourselves at times. What are we here for. To pass on a beautiful knowledge through Art, of wonder and a world.

            Kind regards,
            tere

          • Brandy
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
              Oriental trading company had some snowflakes for sale.
              But they were the positive design, so if he kids painted around them they would end up with a negative space snowflake. Might be a good combo to add to the lesson; positive and negative space.
              Regards,
              Brandy

            • crasm@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
                There is research being done-please do not stop someone from sending loving ideas to the kids by being narrow minded-teaching the science of how the crystals are formed with this man's belief systems(being honest that they are his) is wonderful and shows the ways science has always formed-first it isn't believable and then it is-oh yeah, Steve, the world is flat-and ends-it's scientific.......