Re: Help please! Art Club!!!

  • anna_marie_895
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2009
      Hi, I also hold art club once a week, tonight, in fact. I had to limit the number of students to 30. These are 4th, 5th and 6th graders. I have a parent that is going to start helping me next week. We meet from 3:30 til' 5PM and of course all transportation is the responsibility of the parent or guardian. I did a 6 week trial last year toward the end of the year just to see if it was doable. The ideal number of kids was 24-30 and that was with a helper. More than that was just too much. I've tried a number of projects and tonight for instance, we painted T shirts that were donated to us along with the acrylic paint. I'm really frugal (aren't we all, lol) and beg borrow and steal whatever I can get my hands on. The PTA gives me some operating capital and I can use the non-consumables in my art room.
      I'll send a follow-up post with the projects that were successful as well as the ones that seemed like a good idea at the time. My advice is get a couple of helpers and provide written instructions for all projects so you aren't inundated with "now what do I do, how do I do this? I need help!" I'm really proud of you for doing this! The kids need a creative outlet and you're really making a big difference in their lives! God bless you! Anna Lewis, Fort Smith Public Schools, Fort Smith, AR