Re: [art_education] oil paint sticks?

  • Marcy McGahan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2009
      I'd have aprons and soap and water on hand if they are using oil paint sticks and a finger nail scrub brush.

      >>> Patti Brigman 10/27/09 8:38 PM >>>

      I am about to begin a project with my 5th grade students using oil paint sticks, specifically Student Grade Artist's Paintstiks by Shiva.  I wondered if any of you had any experience with these.  I've dabbled with them some and am excited about the possibilities, but my kiddos always surprise me with what they can and will OR cannot and will not do with new materials.  Sometimes it's a good surprise, sometimes not.  :)  I'd love any advice on the best way to handle a class using these paintsticks, especially any problems or management issues that I should be prepared for.

      Thanks so much!
      Patti

      i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
      Join me