  • kathie omalley
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7 3:47 PM
        When I see a stick figure I usually act a little surprised and say something like, "Lookin good, but you've gotta get some pants on that guy!"  It always gets a smile, and after a minute or two I return to that student with a scrap piece of paper, draw a stick figure on the scrap and say, "It's too cold to go without a shirt..." and demo how to draw it on the stick figure and erase the original stick lines.  I'll demo shoes ("No shirt, no shoes, no service... not gonna get a burger at McDonald's unless those toes are covered...") then show arms, a neck, a face and hair.  They get the idea quick that the original stick figure can be an armature for a more realistic figure without it being a painstaking project.  Staying playful helps keep it from feeling like a lot of work, but they also get the message that some kind of detailed figure is expected with me.

      Kathie (In WI where it really is too darn cold to go without pants!)