textbook advise needed for photography

  • Sue Stevens
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2009
      Hi,
      I am looking for advise for a book or textbook that would be good for a
      grade 12 photography course. The course is new for us, and therefore we
      have no resources yet. I am looking for a reference book that covers both
      SLR photography (we will be doing some black and white processesing) and
      digital photography. Any suggestions? Budget is always a concern
      also.......but the principal did commit to books last year when this course
      was suggested. It could be a text book, or a reference book available
      through Chapters/Amazon......
      Thanks!
      Sue
    • MaryJo Rosania-Harvie
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2009
        I just got a copy of Davis' Photography book and I am happy with it.
        I just ordered the teacher's version for now, but I am considering making the leap to getting one for each student to use next year.
        You could order yourself a teacher's addition to check it out, and even if you don't use it for your textbook per se, it has alot of great ideas in it!
        MaryJo

        --
        MaryJo Rosania-Harvie