Rangoli art

  • kamla ravikumar
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2009
      When darkness falls, we gather in a
      circle and each light a candle stating what we intend to leave behind in
      India or what we have learned to let go of (i.e., fear, impatience,
      control), then share our thoughts of leaving and as each person blows
      out their candle to increasing darkness we state what we intend to take
      with us upon our return (i.e., courage, patience, appreciation of
      differences) . The last person blows out their candle and we stand in the
      darkness with the vastness of India surrounding us. "

      I am so glad to read that the students / visitors found their visit to Chennai ,India a learning experience. in courage, patience, appreciation of differences.....through Rangoli art.
      If only we could all learn from such experiences and tolerate and respect diverse cultures ................the world would be such a peaceful pace.

      Kamla,
      Chennai,India