RE: [art_education] Horrible art

  • Linda Daumen
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 27 2:31 PM
      Hi all,
      Have been reading all of the discussion about "horrible art". My solution is to tell everyone at the beginning of the year we will have an art exhibit at the end of the year. Everything goes into their portfolio and we will choose one of their best works to represent them. There isn't any discussion about not wanting to do it...I tell them they WILL participate and turns out they love it and try their best most of the time. I teach preK-7 at 3 schools with over 600 students, yes, a ton of work but worth it to see how proud each of my students are to see their art hanging up. Linda